Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Few Good Book Chapters Still Needed...

Group: Hospital/Healthcare Preparedness
Subject: A Few Good Book Chapters Still Needed...

My book on GIS in hospital and healthcare emergency management is coming together very nicely, with several of the 17 chapters received and with firm commitment dates for the others. I'm pleased to say I have preliminary acceptance from a HHS Director to write the Foreward for the book.

However, several authors have had to pull out due to their H1N1 duties or for other personal reasons. Some attrition was anticipated when I started this project -- that's "LIFE". And, rather than jeopardize the book and to accommodate others with similar challenges, yesterday I was able to get an extension of the Publisher's due date. Therefore, there's a narrow window of time and opportunity for me to accept 3-4additional chapters.

I'm inviting you to consider participation as a chapter author. The constraint is that I will need your draft chapter, black/white figures and contact info for 2-3 peer reviewers no later than Sept. 10. No extensions! If you're interested in this opportunity please let me know ASAP. I will only be able to accept up to an additional 4 chapters.

Provide a title, co-authors if any, and a brief abstract to secure your spot. Email to ric.skinner@gmail.com.

A summary of the book and chapters is at www.healthgisguy.com/2009/02/proposed-book-project.html

Author guidelines are available at http://files.healthgisguy.com/Book/

I hope you will seriously consider this invitation and unique opportunity.

Thanks,

Ric Skinner, GISP
Book Editor
ric.skinner@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment