Friday, July 24, 2009

Synchronous Communication Technologies and the First Responder

Dear Colleague,

I am inviting you to participate in a research project to identify the needs of the field responder and the use of new information and communication technologies as part of my master’s thesis titled: “Synchronous Communication Technologies and the First Responder”.

At the end of this letter is a web link to a short questionnaire that asks a variety of questions regarding your feelings relating to the amount of information available to you in the field. If you choose to participate simply complete the online survey. Upon completion only your responses will be automatically collected and sent back to me via the online survey tools. The survey should only take about 10 to 15 minutes to complete. The majority is multiple choices and there are a few open ended questions, it is optional to answer any portion of the survey. The survey can be found here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=J6ea9OQ1ITnWFsQ6Ku9SwQ_3d_3d

Through your participation I hope to better understand the needs of individuals in the field and better tailor my technologies to these feelings. Upon completion of this study, I hope to share my results by publishing them in a journal.

Since this is an anonymous survey, I do not know of any risks if you decide to participate. Information collected will be used for categorical purposes and I guarantee that your responses will not be identified with you personally. To insure your status as anonymous, you should not put your name anywhere in the survey. If you chose, however, to release your information you may be contacted for an additional interview by me.

Your participation is both voluntary and confidential. If you have any questions or concerns about completing the questionnaire or about being part of this study you may contact me directly at my Philadelphia University email at mohrj@philau.edu or my thesis advisor, Aaron Richman, at richmana@philau.edu or by phone at 215.951.2700.

Philadelphia University’s IRB has approved solicitation of participants for this study until 8/1/2009. Protection of human subjects’ questions can be directed to the IRB Chairperson of Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at 215.951.2700.

I thank you in advance for both your time and consideration.

Respectfully,


Johnathon A. Mohr
Master’s of Science Candidate
Philadelphia University

No comments:

Post a Comment